Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Thoughts On Dancing With The Devil



Will you guys be mad at me if I tell you that I did not like the book? Well....those are my true thoughts on the book. I wanted the book sooo badly ever since Mark Curry let us have a peek at his first chapter! A very good friend of mine purchased the book for me as a gift and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book everyone was talking about.

In my opinion, I feel as if Mark Curry jumped from one thing to another. I felt like the book was not written in chronological order and seemed to have me confused at times. It is clear that most of what Mark Curry is writing about are not things he experienced first hand but things he's heard while working side by side with Diddy. For instance, Mark talks about the incident with Puff and Steve Stoute. Mark clearly states in the book that he did not want to tag along with Puff when Puff was asking the office who wanted to come with him to teach Steve Stoute a lesson but will give you a play by play of what happened in that office as if he was there witnessing the whole thing. Now, I'm not saying that what Mark Curry talks about isn't true but I'm thinking more hearsay. The things that Mark Curry says Puff did to him....now that, I believe is true. You can't deny how a brother feels about what somebody did to him. I'm sure other artists on Bad Boy feel the same way as Mark but I don't see them dropping any names or books to prove that point. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to give this book a 2 out of 5 stars. I commend his effort and his courage for coming fourth with the things he talks about. I believe he is trying to teach young, up and coming artists to be mindful of the things they put their signature on and to never feel as if there is no other way to do things. What I did like about the book was the links Mark Curry wants readers to check out which is in the back of the book. Below is what Mark Curry says is Diddy's son, Justin, getting a lap dance at the age of 12:






And here is what Mark Curry says Diddy was filmed under the influence of drugs. Check it out below:



Not sure if he was drugged, drunk or just plain old buggin out. You be the judge.

And lastly, this link is apparently of a video where Diddy is caught purchasing some Xtasy pills at a party. Click on link to see the video http://www.totallycrap.com/magazine/videos_p_diddy_buying_xtc_in_ibiza/

1 comment:

  1. I soooooo have to read this book... been putting it off since I have been ALL into "Have You Met Miss Jones?"...

    Thanks for the insight... ~

    MedinaBlaire

    ReplyDelete

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES