Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who Would've Ever Thought....Kid Does Comedy!



Back in my junior high school days Kid N Play were the ish! I had a huge crush on Kid (for whatever reason)...maybe it was his high top fade....or maybe he was just plain ole different. He was actually the first light skinned man I had a crush on. Kid N Play was a household name back then! From their music, movies, Sprite commercials and cartoons! I know I'm taking it wayyy back....most people probably don't even remember the cartoons they had! Yikes! Either way, I'm saying all this because I would've never thought Kid would end up doing comedy. I mean his character in "House Party" was funny but to do actual stand up? I just would've never thought. So check out Kid (Christopher Reid) doing stand up comedy below and let me know what you think:



BTW, Kid N Play paved the way for other similar groups like "Kris Kross" (who copied Kid N Play's whole theme)! Both members from Kriss Kross were named Christopher just like Kid N Play and there was one light skinned member and one dark skinned member. Jermaine Dupri wasn't very original when he started that group which is probably why they can't be found today!

And just to bring back some memories for my old heads and to spark an interest in my young ones here's some throwback footage of Kid N Play in their heyday below (there's no sound on the clip but I just wanted you to get an idea):



And here's a clip from their cartoon series below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES