Saturday, October 10, 2009

BET to Debut New Reality Series Featuring Mike Vick in 2010

By Alicia Cruz
Senior writer
Theblackurbantimes

2010 looks to bring us a new reality TV special. This one is set to feature Philadelphia Eagles player Michael Vick. The show has a tenative title, the “Michael Vick Project” and will be featured on the BET cable network.

The 8-part series will chronicle Vick’s NFL comeback and the work he’s done to repair his image after his dogfighting conviction and prison sentence. Vick was quoted as saying, "I just want people to really get to know me as an individual. What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I’ve made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it never happened. But it’s not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up."

Not surprisngly, PETA has jumped at the chance to oppose the Tv series, but will his fans (former included) be more forgiving? How may of you want to re-live the NFL stars real-life nightmare and embarrassing moment? TV execs believe the series will be a chance for Vick to redeem himself and revive his tarnished image.
I believe Vick paid his debt to society and has made amends as best he can and we should give him a chance. Afterall, many of us rant on about former convicts and wrong-doers not making earnest efforts to redeem themselves or attempt to re-enter society after a prison sentence, right? Well, I think in the spirit of fairness and humanity, we give Vick a fair shot and let him move on. I'll be sure to tune in to the series and bring you my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES