Friday, October 9, 2009

Poet's Corner: "Lover's Brew"





LOVER'S BREW


How can wine enhance your beauty?
I've been drunk on lover's brew
Since we first met.
The first night was great;
I didn't think you easy,

But a bird, whose wings
Were not clipped.
Take me with you
The next time you fly.
Allow me to playfully
Ruffle your feathers,
As the cage door opens
And we escape with one
Another
Into each other.

I lay nestled in your crevice,
A thirsty lion lapping up
Your milky secretions.
My pride is in your whimper,
In your moans.
My main concern
Is your restful sleep.

Because, in the morning,
Baby,
We'll do it again.

By A. Jarrell Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES