By ZITI
Staff Writer
The Black Urban Times
Oprah Winfrey's OWN network is launching with shows hosted by Queer Eye hosts, and the Judds, and Ryan O'Neal. I have a total understanding of how Oprah built her vast empire that worth upwards of $2billion. I just wonder when will Oprah embrace the vast talent that we have in the African-American community. No one is pleading with you Oprah because we have BET(place crickets sound here)..but we are saying can you just give a brother or sister a chance. Can we give the great Dr. Boyce Watkins a show, Eric Michael Dyson a radio show, how about giving B. Smith a Martha Stewart/Rachel Ray type of deal?
I have the utmost respect for Ms. Winfrey and her vast influence on the African-American community. What I'm saying is for HARPO Inc. to consider a brother and/or sister for the new OWN network because we also have a voice that needs its OWN platform to rise above the negative industry media stereotypes.
THE LATEST OFFERINGS OF SHOWS FROM THE OWN NETWORK
twitter.com/thebutmsdotcom
facebook.com/theblackurbantimes
No comments:
Post a Comment
We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.