Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kreayshawn Is Not Built For This Hip Hop World


I'm about to touch on a very delicate topic here, but I'm hoping no one takes it the wrong way. Hip Hop is music, a lifestyle, a way of life for most of the urban community. When I say urban community, I mean mostly us Hispanic and African American folks who know what it is to be without and grow up in the so-called ghetto.

There are certain white folks who claim to be down and know the struggle and want to participate in this thing we call Hip Hop, but really they don't know the struggles as we know it. Or better yet, they want to live the "Hip Hop" way of life without having to deal with the things that come with it. Hence, new artist Kreayshawn.

When she first stepped on the scene I said to myself "Who would listen to this garbage?", but no sooner did I say that and every major artist jumped on her track. This whole Kreayshawn phenomenon made me feel like I was losing touch. Did I stop knowing what Hip Hop was or sounded like? And to make matters worse, Kreayshawn decided to take shots at one of the hottest artists out right now, Rick Ross.

Really? Where dey do dat at?! In the real world of Hip Hop you don't diss someone then say you didn't mean it. You don't then go on Ustream and talk junk about the individual and when the individual wants to approach you, you have nothing to say. Where I'm from, that's called being a punk! And punks jump up to get beat down!!

Anywho, I'm guessing shit just got a little too real for Kreayshawn because she took to her Tumblr page to express some things regarding the Rick Ross incident. Check that out below:



“All I wanted to do is create and have a good time. But, this is quickly forming into something I never would have signed up for from being accused of being racist to getting my pre-teen nudes leaked everywhere. I feel like this shit ain’t my cup of tea. Someone else want my job right about now? Im just gotta sip lean and disappear. THIS GAME IS FAKE AS ALL HELL!"

This is what happens when you play too much! Get your shit together before you come at these folks like shit is sweet! You can also watch the altercation that went down between Rick Ross and Kreayshawn's bodyguards below:


Get More: 2011 VMA, Music

So what are your thoughts folks? Am I being honest? Or am I just too hard on the little white girl? I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES