Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Tami Roman Talks Evelyn Lozada & Jennifer Williams Fall Out
In an interview with CherryOnTop.com, Tami Roman dishes on what's to come from the new season of "Basketball Wives" Miami and the friendship that was Evelyn Lozada and Jennifer Williams. Like most of us, Tami Roman is extremely shocked to see how Evelyn and Jennifer's friendship comes to a close and gives us her own opinion on how or why their friendship has come to a close.
So get ready to find out the juice when you click on that "Full Story" button below:
Let’s talk about Basketball Wives. We’ve been hearing and reading a lot of stuff about the new season, particularly when it comes to former BFFs Jennifer Williams and Evelyn Lozada. Will they be the only ones battling this season, or will this season be full of drama like past seasons?
I think this season, as every season, will definitely be filled with drama all the way around. I think that’s the most poignant thing that’s happening right now because people are so used to them being friends, but unfortunately, as we always say, when you put 6-7 women with all these different personalities into a confined space where they have to be around each other for 6-7 months – you know, we’ve been taping since October, and we’re still taping – people are going to butt heads. So I think there’s a lot of drama that people are going to see, but I think that’s the most poignant one that’s happening right now because people just aren’t used to those two not being affiliates.
When it comes to Jennifer and Evelyn, what’s it been like watching their friendship fall apart the way it has?
From my standpoint, I always looked at them and said, “How are they best friends?” Because I didn’t really feel a lot of friendship love. Like I know my diehard friends, we don’t function in the way they function, so I can’t say that I’m very surprised. I always felt that there was a little tension towards Evelyn from Jennifer. I didn’t really know what it was, couldn’t put my finger on it, but now that this thing is starting to unfold before my eyes, just as it will for everyone else, I’m seeing what those underlying tensions were, and they’re all going to be brought to the forefront this season.
What you just said about feeling “tension” from Jennifer towards Evelyn is similar to something Evelyn said in a recent interview about there always being something weird or off about her friendship with Jennifer.
Yeah, I have to tell you on the outside looking in, I definitely noticed it. I always saw Evelyn trying to always be there for Jennifer, but I never saw that really reciprocated. And so, however, okay, well that’s their friendship, that’s the way it works for them, but for me looking at the friendship, something just didn’t really seem right. Now I’m coming to understand what it really was.
Do you think there is a little jealousy there on Jennifer’s part?
I’m not going to say it was jealousy because I think that people will come to their own conclusions as to what they feel it is as the show unfolds. But, and I don’t have any beef with Jennifer, and I don’t have any beef with Evelyn. I’m just basically an outside party that just felt like their relationship wasn’t what I would consider to be a real true, unconditional friendship.
Your perspective is interesting because Evelyn has been getting a bad rap in this situation with some Basketball Wives fans calling her a bully and having the opinion that she’s being mean to Jennifer.
I think it’s because she’s more vocal. My grandmother used to say, “Sneaky is as sneaky does.” You know, just ’cause you’re quiet and demure doesn’t mean you don’t have your stuff with you too. I think Evelyn and I are similar in the sense that we’re really outspoken about how we feel, and sometimes people can take that and sometimes people can’t, so we actually get a bad rap for being outspoken and saying what we feel. People consider us mean, and people have said I’m a bully. There have been many words thrown out of context to who we really are. So just because Jennifer is quiet doesn’t mean that she’s not doing things behind the scene. I think as people watch the show, they will see certain things unfold that they might not have been aware of, and it may change people’s perspective of how their relationship really was.
To read up on the entire interview with Tami Roman go log onto CherryOnTop.com by clicking (here).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.