Monday, January 19, 2009

Amaka Entertainment is about to become a force in the industry..check out our exclusive interview with the CEO of Amaka Entertainment- Miss Amaka



Miss Amaka- Ceo of Amaka Entertainment

TBUT: How did you come up with the concept to your company, Amaka Entertainment, Inc.?
The concept of Amaka Entertainment matured over time. The only thing I was sure about when I first started it was that I wanted to own a company that would be beneficial and complementary to the industry. I wanted a company that would serve the greater good of the community and the industry. It was about more than just making money, and potential recognition. It was about achieving a goal and creating a standard and surpassing expectations of greatness. If that makessense…lol




Class One Concerts Event by Montclair State University/ R&B and Hip-Hop Portion coordinated by Amaka Entertainment

TBUT: What does Amaka mean?

Amaka is an Ibo word that means beautiful. It comes from Nigeria, which happens to be where I am from. Well actually I was born in the States, but my parents were born in Nigeria. I have visited the country a few times and love the experience when I’m there.



TBUT:Going to school and running Amaka Entertainment must be tiresome...how do you get it all done?
To be honest it’s a real energy zapper. I find myself burning myself out all the time. One of the reasons that I burn myself out is that I am studying four programs in school, major with a triple minor, in school and that is exhausting mentally. My major is Political Science while my minors are: Dance, Journalism, and Pre-Law.


Miss Amaka with R&B singer, Bobby Valentino

I’ve learned over the course of time that you have to establish what is important and what will truly benefit you in the long run. Since I’ve been in school I’ve been involved with different activities on the campus, working, and running my company. After a while, I realized that it was time for me to figure out what I wanted to accomplish with my life and what would truly make me happy as a person and everything centered on my business and the industry. So in order to achieve these goals I’ve made sure to integrate a strict time management schedule and an effective team. Without a great team that is
committed towards a common goal it is hard to achieve anything. With my team and a solid direction I found the ability to complete tasks much easier and less stressful, but I still haven’t figured out a way to not burn myself out yet…I’m working on it though.



Miss Amaka with Darrin Henson

TBUT: When you met the different entertainers...how did you get them to commit to your events?
Presentation is everything, but money is the end all be all…lol….Truly I’ve found that when you are humble and genuine about your purpose and goal people will be willing to help you. For many of the celebrities that I’ve met, I found many of them to be very nice people. For some they are curious about what I am doing and what I am seeking to accomplish. I appreciate the fact that they have taken the time to come and judge events that my company has done or worked with. The most important point of everything is delivering what you promise, which means sticking to what you are about.
Miss Amaka with Method Man


TBUT: How does it feel to be running an entertainment company that is in the know of what's hot?
It feels natural. Meaning I’m where I’m supposed to be. Some people are not fortunate to do what they love and that can be depressing. In addition, I like the fact that I will one day be one of the people who contribute to what’s hot.

TBUT: What are some of the goals for your company?
This question is kind of hard because we have so many. One of the main goals of the company for 09 is to put forward events that were better than the year before. We have some expectations that we are working to meet and surpass.

TBUT: Where do you see, Amaka Entertainment, one year from now?
A year from now I see Amaka Entertainment on another level. Where that level is I’m not truly sure. I just know that a year from now we will be bigger, better, and more prosperous than we are now. We believe it to be inevitable because we are reaching for the galaxy and know we are going to touch the stars.

TBUT: Who are the main people behind your company?
The people behind Amaka Entertainment are Miss Amaka, her business manager Paula
Williams, and her team members who put in a lot of work to make sure that everything moves smoothly and stays on track.

TBUT: Does the internet play a role in what you're doing? If so how are you going to use it?
The internet plays a very big role in what we do. We use it to promote, advertise, and communicate with the world.


Class One Concerts Event by Montclair State University/ R&B and Hip-Hop Portion coordinated by Amaka Entertainment

TBUT: A brand is so important, what is the ultimate goal for Amaka Entertainment as a brand?
The ultimate goal for Amaka Entertainment as a brand is to deliver great service and phenomenal events to our audience. As a brand we want to be the next step closer for committed talent.

8 comments:

  1. Outstanding interview, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.myspace.com/classoneconcerts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Amaka is mad cool I've met her a couple of times and when it comes down to coordinating something she is so on point. I heard that she coordinated the R&B and Hip Hop section for Montclair Fest that brought Method Man and Bobby Valentino last year to that school. That concert was one of the best I'd seen for a college show. I was wowed by Method Man's performance. Her hip hop battles are crazy hot too. I look forward to going to the one this year. Miss Amaka, my name is Jay. I'll be hitting your site. Can I get some free tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a part of AMaka Entertainment. Let me tell yall, Ms. Amaka is a force to be wreckoned with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIES LIES LIES and FABRICATION...Definitely not on point with anything...maybe on point with being a pain in the ass...All this credit she is taking for organizing events that are not even events is absurd...Find your way to Montclair State and the truth shall be told...and im not too sure about those majors and minors either. But do what you gotta do to get ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certain things tend to piss me off. There is only so many lies one can tell, but is the person who wrote the last comment looking at what they wrote? I don't see anything in this article about taking credit for any events. I even think that the events listed are attributed to another organization and showing her company's involvement. The second problem is who are you or anyone to determine the validity of how many programs someone studies? I think that if you are not sure then you should ask the school and they would tell you if it's the truth or not. Regardless, I don't think that concerns you or anyone else.Sounds like jealousy and envy to me. "Do what you gotta do to get ahead"....I think the issue that you have is that there is evidence that she is doing what she needs to do and not just blowing smoke. I mean I'm not a fan of Amaka or anything but she is respectful and on her grind and that I can respect. You are one of those people she talks about...people who haven't figured out where they fit yet. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm the last comment..."I'm not a fan of Amaka," I'm sure, yea right. if you wasn't a fan you wouldn't be writing an essay defending her and why whenever a person tells how they feel, give their opinion, it's always "jealousy and envy." please do it occur to you that person probably isn't and is only telling how they feel, so whomever left that comment, shouldn't have been shoot down like that. And also, sounds to me that the person who just left that last comment is probably Amaka herself, her friend or someone who is with her because they sound like they are trying to make her look good. If a person know who they are, or what they have and their purpose in life...they don't need to prove it to anyone or write essays to show someone. If you say who you are, and what you have and is worth than continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A person can't say who they are; they can only show it. This is the way of the world. If the girl is on her grind then so be it. I think the article is great. The feedback is proving that.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES