Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kelly Rowland Parts Ways From Matthew Knowles' Music World

I knew there was a reason behind Kelly Rowland being on my mind all day yesterday. Well it finally all made sense once I checked my Twitter only to here from one of my 'media colleagues' that she has left Music World Entertainment! According to OK Magazine, (who says their source on this story was Perez Hilton) Kelly has decided to part ways with Beyonce's father - Matthew Knowles as her manager. Matthew released a statement yesterday evening saying:

"After a very positive meeting between Kelly Rowland and myself, we have amicably agreed to end our professional relationship. My company, Music World, will continue to manage Destiny's Child as a group. As an artist Kelly has incredible talent and I only wish her the best. We will always be family first and foremost and as a dad I can only have love for Kelly."


Kelly then released her own statement saying:


"Matthew Knowles has been a positive influence in my career. I have had great success under his guidance--both as a member of Destiny's Child and with my solo projects. Although we have decided to part ways professionally, the Knowles family and the entire Music World Entertainment team will always be my family."


I can't wait until the tell all - that's all I have to say! I think this is a great move for Kelly who has not been as well promoted (especially her last album - Ms. Kelly - which is a great album btw...)as Beyonce and Solange both have. Rumors speculated last week that Kelly had a falling out with Solange over a performance that Matthew booked for Solange and Kelly felt Michelle Williams should have actually been booked for. Then there is the whole issue with Kelly not having as strong of a fan base here in America as she does in Europe and her allegedly pursuing a move to Europe. I just hope Kelly can re-invent herself and come back swinging on BITCH-yonce record wise next round like other former Destiny's Child member - LeToya Luckett did. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES