Friday, December 21, 2012

JoeyPinkney.com 5 Minutes, 5 Questions With... Mimi Jenkins, author I Am My Mother's Daughter



About "I Am My Mother's Daughter":

“I Am My Mother’s Daughter” centers around Jocelyn – a young woman who can’t seem to get a grip on life. Desperate for attention, she drowns her sorrows in a club as a strip tease dancer.

Joey Pinkney: Where did you get the inspiration to write “I Am My Mother’s Daughter”?

Mimi Jenkins: My inspiration came from observation and concern. There is so much negativity in this world that can sway a young woman to make wrong decisions. 

 
JP: What sets ”I Am My Mother’s Daughter” apart from other books in the same genre?

MJ: Although fictional, “I Am My Mother’s Daughter” is based on true facts. Women need to realize God made us to be with someone who should love us and appreciate us the way we deserve to be loved and appreciated. Instead of turning to alcohol, drugs or doing the unthinkable, we should stand firm. (read more) 

JP: As an author, what are the keys to your success that led to ”I Am My Mother’s Daughter” getting out to the public?

MJ: I am a first-time author. The keys to my success is having a publisher that has the patience to work with a new author, surrounding myself with like-minded people, word-of-mouth and advertising with a trust-worthy source such as Joey Pinkney. (read more) 

JP: As an author, what is your writing process? How long did it take you to start and finish “I Am My Mother’s Daughter”?

MJ: I jump on the computer and let my words flow. I envision the ending of the book first, then start putting together characters, places and situations. It took me three months to finish “I Am My Mother’s Daughter”. (read more) 

JP: What’s next for Mimi Jenkins?

MJ: I am working on a second book titled: “Watch Me Walk Away”. It’s about a woman who has had her share of all the wrong men. Will she find Mr. Right? Her interactions with these men are based on actual situations I have observed. (read more)

Click here to read the entire JoeyPinkney.com interview with Mimi Jenkins, author of "I Am My Mother's Daughter".

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES