Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Can Only Be Me...Winter by Kisha Green



Well season three of Love and Hip Hop has not disappointed viewers thus far but there's more in store. This past Monday we were introduced to a beautiful Latina having lunch with fellow cast mates Radhidah and Tahiry and just like them, she too had a story to tell.

Winter Ramos hails from Brooklyn New York where she was born and raised. Introduced to the world of Hip Hop at an early age she has worked behind the scenes in the Hip-Hop industry for more than 10 years and has consulted as a wardrobe stylist for labels such as Ruff Ryders, Murder Inc. Full Surface, and Def Jam.

She is mostly known for her position as executive assistant to platinum recording artist Fabolous and executive assistant to the CEO of Slip-N-Slide Records Ted Lucas.

With years of experience in the industry, Winter has seen AND heard a lot. Never one to be a quitter she has taken her negatives and turned them into positives. One thing for sure is; she has no regrets.

Introducing Winter Ramos...

                                                  


KG:Who is Winter Ramos?
WR:Winter Ramos is a child of God, great friend and hard worker.  Contrary to what most believe, I’m a selfless person who simply speaks the truth. With me there’s no nonsense, no chaser, no bullshit. Just real talk.

KG:When did you decide you wanted to write a book and why?
WR:I never thought about writing a book until early 2011 when an old friend of mine, rap artist “Jadakiss” told me it would be a good idea. I’d written journal entries for years but still brushed the thought under the rug until I met Tressa “Azarel” Smallwood for something totally unrelated to books. I found out she was a publisher and the rest was history. I believe everything happens for a reason and think God brought her into my life to share my story with women who want to repeat my past.

KG:Who are some of the authors that influenced you as a writer?
WR:I’ve always been a fan of Terri McMillan. Her books introduced me to drama-filled plots and kept me at the edge of my seat in my late teenage years. Since high school I've leaned towards African- American fiction stores. Currently, my favorite fiction title is The Dirty Divorce by Miss KP- not because she’s on my team but because it reads like a movie.

KG:Describe your writing life.
WR:For now, my writing has consumed my life. When I’m not filming episodes of Love &Hip Hop or on the movie set doing my real job, I’m up on late night calls with the Life Changing Books team, either re-reading my work, making additions, changes and whatever is necessary to get my story out effectively.

KG:Do you have plans to release more books?
WR:I would love to write more books. Obviously they would be fiction since I'm telling all of my business in my non-fiction debut “Game Over.” Who knows what the future holds…but yes, I’m optimistic.

KG:What is one word that would best describe you?
WR:Boisterous.

KG:What made you want to join the cast of Love & Hip Hop?
WR:After being approached by Mona Scott- I thought about that very same question. I figured  my experiences in the Hip Hop game both personally and professionally would shed some light on the show. My role is slightly different from my other cast-members since I’d both worked in the industry and had relationships with some of the artist for many years. I also believed my life story would allow some young lady to see that it’s not all it’s perceived to be.

KG:What do you say to critics who say you are just releasing this book because you are on a reality show and attempting to expand your 15 minutes of fame?
WR:Critics will always talk. You can’t please them all... so my advice to anyone would be to stop trying. But I can please myself and reach my goals. Being on Love and Hip Hop does give me a huge avenue to market my book but that’s not why I decided to write the book. The show airs for a limited number of weeks. My life story can help someone forever.  And let’s be clear, I don't want 15 minutes or 15 years of fame. I've lived that life already. I now want to educate females about what really goes on with love and dating in the Hip Hop world. And trust me….I give the whole truth.

KG:Being in the entertainment industry many people say those you encounter are
fake/phony, were you able to make real friendships?
WR: Yes, I've made some great relationships and maintained them until today. There are even celebrity’s talked about in my book, “Game Over,” who still reach out to me even though they KNOW they are in the book. Me personally, I’m not fake or phony so I don’t attract that mess, nor would I click with those type of people. Just note; you also have to be a good judge of character no matter what industry you are in.

KG:What lessons did you learn from your experience? Do you have any regrets?
WR: My lessons run deep. Most of my life up until now resembled a roller-coaster ride. I have learned the life of the artist, the ins and outs of working at a record label, and staggered my way through being the significant other of a few Platinum selling artist. So you can say I'm well rounded in the Hip Hop music industry. I have absolutely no regrets about anything that I've done or the bad things that have happened to me. Every mistake and every accomplishment has taught me something and made me the woman I am today.

KG:What advice would you give someone wanting to break into the entertainment industry?
WR: Don’t! I’m laughing-hard. Seriously though, if you are talented and have dreams that can be obtained on your own, go for it. Make sure you have thick skin and try not to allow a physical or sexual relationship to dictate your success. People will try to bring you down but you have to be able to keep pushing until you meet someone who will cheer you on and want to see you excel.

KG:Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
WR: In the next five years I want to be married with children. I hope to open several boutiques, write more books, and explore more entrepreneurial opportunities in life. I also want to provide for my family and friends who have been there for me when I needed them; especially thanking them for never judging me.


Follow her on Twitter/Intagram @TheRealWinterRamos
Her publisher- www.lifechangingbooks.net






Kisha Green is a author  who has a passion for writing and sharing her witty personality with many through social media. For more info about Kisha, visit her websitewww.divabooksinconline.com and you can also follow her on Twitter @KishaGreen

1 comment:

  1. Great interview, KG! Keep up the great work you are doing on The Black Urban Times!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES