Wednesday, May 8, 2013

INTERVIEW: RAPPER THANE KOI TALKS JASON COLLINS, HOT 97 DJ MR CEE'S DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR, AND ARTISTS HE'S DATED IN THE INDUSTRY

 


What have you been up to? 
 I've been gearing up for my album, "Just Thane" dropping in August. And I'm doing my promotional tour in few weeks. I'm hitting 12 cities, I'm going to drop 3 surprise singles in few weeks. I just did 2 music videos for them. I can't wait for my Koi Kunts to see the music videos. Right now I'm filming a T.V pilot which I am the Co-producer of, It's about 6 people involved in the Hip Hop circle living in Hollywood, Cameras are following us and documenting our lives. I'm just waiting for Vh1 to green-light the show. 

So we have heard rumors, but no hip hop artist has truly come out yet. Why? 
 Well, Hip Hop has that credibility of being masculine in the streets, from what I see in society, America is almost ready to see a openly hip hop artist. It's just matter of time when the dominance fades away with the egos. I think there are few artists that came out recently, so, pretty much soon, everybody will feel like they need to just come out.

In 2013, we now have an out of the closet nba player, jason collins. Your thoughts?
 
I applaud him for outing himself, because he actually was true to himself, and he wanted the world to know more about him on his terms. At first, I thought it was a publicity stunt. But hey, he does look like he got some sugar in his tank. Kudos to you, Jason.

In NYC hot 97 dj mister cee keeps getting caught w/male prostitutes..is he in denial of his sexuality? Is this dangerous?
  I think he needs to really get a reality check. Because If hiding in the dark makes him feel good about himself, then he's gonna have a long trial of soul-searching. This is dangerous if he is hurting people like his wife for instance, I believe he is married, right? I don't believe in cheating. If you are married to a woman, and you have desires to be with a man. You better re-think and fix your life choices.

Are there lots of hip-hop artists and industry people on the DL?
 
No comment on that...but I've dated few huge artists, and they prefer not to be outed by anyone. So I guess there are a lot of people that are actually in the closet. 

Does it matter if you're gay or straight anymore?
 
No it doesn't, really. But in the media, it's huge, they like to focus on that just to get ratings, and get more people to read about it. It's an actual taboo to be gay or bisexual. 

What are your near future plans? 
 After I drop "Just Thane", I have an reality T.V show coming out this year, entitled, "The Hollywood Life", you just have to wait and see. I promise you have never seen Hollywood so ratchet yet classy. I'm going to work on a novel. It's in the works right now with my publishers, I also have few endorsements that I am working on right now. I'm freaking excited for all of you to see my plans!

Still beefing with Lil' Kim? What do you think of Nicki Minaj on American Idol disrespecting the legend Mariah Carey?
  Kim Who? (laughs) No comment on the trash bag. I wish her nothing but the best. And I thought that was legendary of Miss Minaj! Don't you think Mariah needs to be put in her place? Her boo, (Nick Cannon) isn't doing that much to put her in place, I guess. From the commentary on American Idol, Mariah really think she is the queen bee because of sales and longevity? It's all about respect. and If Mariah talked to me like she did to Nicki, then I'd have to throw serious shade at her.

Where can our readers get the most information on you?
 Keep on reading my updates on Twitter, @ThaneKoi, and you can read more information on www.ThaneKoi.com. Boom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES