Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Weigh In - Bit by the Kickboxing Bug!

Hey everyone! This past week went very well. I stuck to my diet and I was able to fit in 5 days of exercise. I have practically cut out all breads, pastas and rice and I am replacing them with more veggies and fruits. This is a HUGE sacrifice for me because I am a big carb fan. However, I definitely see a difference in my appearance and I don't feel deprived or extra hungry so I'm going to continue doing this. Just to give you an idea of what my daily menu looks like, I usually have a Greek yogurt with fruit for breakfast (very filling), salad with grilled chicken for lunch and lean meat or fish with veggies for dinner. Unfortunately, I still struggle in the snack area. For some reason, I have not been able to completely shake my desire to snack. Since I haven't been able to curb these cravings, I have tried to at least eat better snacks which include fresh fruit, veggie sticks, low fat fruit pops and an occasional Lays potato chip, or two (not healthy, but I'm being honest here). 




Now for my exercise routine. I stumbled upon a kickboxing workout On Demand this week and I absolutely LOVE it! It is the most fun I have ever had during a workout. I feel so empowered and strong when I'm kickboxing it's unreal! The choreography is fairly simple, which is important for me because I am very uncoordinated, and the moves feel like I'm doing a self-defense class more than a workout.  Best of all, I burn over 600 calories in a 45 minute routine! #winning I suggest kickboxing for those of you who may not have a lot of time to devote to working out and want to get the most out of each session. It's a total body workout and by the time you finish, you'll be sweating buckets. It's definitely worth a try. Overall I worked out 5 times last week for 270 minutes and burned 2,920 calories! I actually look forward to my workouts now that I am beginning to see results. I only lost a pound last week *insert sad face* but I didn't gain any weight so I'll take it. I must be building muscle (or at least that's what I'm telling myself these days) since I am following a good workout routine and diet regimen. We'll see what happens this week. I figure I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be either, so I won't complain. 

How did you do last week? Weigh in below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES