Sunday, August 31, 2008

Get To Know Big Tac



NYC: Where did you get the name Big Tac from?
TAC: I thought of the name about 10 yrs. ago. 2 make a long story short, 4 the past 16 yrs. my nickname has been Gorilla. So sometimes people would hear me say .. GORILLA WARFARE or GORILLA TACTICS in my lyrics. I kinda liked the way TACTICS sounded so I looked it up. Da exact meaning of da word tactics is .. " (tak'tiks): A noun meaning da art of deploying & directing troops, ships, & aircrafts in coefficient maneuvers against da enemy " .. or " Da science & art of disposing & maneuvering forces in combat " .. or " Da art or skill of employing available means 2 accomplish an end ". Me bein a battle rapper, I liked it, so I kep't it. Most people don't call me TACTICS tho, dey call me " BIGTAC 4 short. My a.k.a. is 5th.Ave., it means : " 5 timez harda danda Average ". )

NYC: Where are you representing?
TAC: I represent Queens, New york. South Richmond Hill 2 be exact, a.k.a. Silent hill a.k.a. Hamburger hill. )

NYC: What made you want to start rapping?
TAC: Back in 1991 I met dis dude Illdread a.k.a. Sly. He use 2 rhyme wit a grp called Da 3rd. world rebels. 2 dis day I'd have 2 say he was 1 of da illest freestylers I ever heard. Dat same summer my man Celo started rhymin. After dat I figured if he could do it, den so could I. Doze were da 2 people dat made me wanna start writin & rhymin.

NYC: Who are you listening to in the car?
TAC: I'm not in 2 most of da shit dat's being called Hiphop nowadayz. If u catch me at a red light ur liable 2 get ur ear drums blown out by some WU-TANG, some TRAGEDY, CNN, some classic BIGGIE or PUN. I don't consider dem old skool I consider dem Hiphop.

NYC: I know that when you first started you were in a group. You are no longer in that group and are doing the solo thing. What happened to the group?
TAC: Technically I started as a solo rapper, until I told my ex-partner dat I rhymed. Dat's when he realized he had da gift of freestyle. We added another person 2 da grp & became a 3 man team but when he didn't show up 4 our 1st. studio session, we went bak 2 bein a 2 man team again. Anyway, 2 try & make a long story short, we were apart of a couple grps but in da end it alwayz ended up just us 2. It stood like dat until about a yr. ago when I started realizing dat we weren't where we needed 2 be. I mean yeah, we did some shows here in NY & outta NY (nothing big), met a few famous people, & were on some mixtapes but we'd been doin dis since 1992. By now we shoulda been doin good, gettin money in da industry. It wasn't goin down like dat so I hadda start backin away from da music & concentratin on other things in my life.





NYC: Are you and your partner beefing at this time?
TAC: Are we beefin ? Yeah, but I wouldn't xactly call it " BEEFIN ". I would call it : him talkin shit, den me goin 2 his crib 2 break his face, but he 2 scared 2 come outside so I haven't caught him yet .. Dat's wut I would call it. I aint gonna say his name cus like I told u last time, he aint famous & I aint tryin 2 give him any fame. But 4 da people dat kno him, personally, for 10 yrs. & better like U & me, kno I'm not frontin. If I had 2 put money on it I'd say he's a pathological liar .. da nigga got a problem. Dis nigga'll talk about niggas bein fake or scared but dis nigga's shook 2 death 2 leave his apt. over on 111 st. & 101 ave. by da barbershop .. lol. Dis nigga will call somebody a snitch when he was da 1 dat sat in a precinct, asked 4 gang intelligence, & gave up mad names & addy's cus he was scared 4 his life. Dis cornball ass nigga will sit there & crack jokes about gay people when right at dis very moment they're rumors goin around about him bein sweeter dan a pitcher of Koolaid w/ xtra sugar. & dat's pretty much all I have 2 say about dat nigga. As a matter of fact, yo Viv, if he ever contacts u about dis interview, tell him I said I'll come meet him any time & see wut excuse he gives u.



NYC: Have you done any shows or opened up for anyone?
TAC: Yeah, like I said earlier, we've performed here & there, nothin big. Some house parties, a couple clubs, etc. )

NYC: How do you feel about where Hip Hop is going right now?
TAC: Hiphop in 2008 suks !! I don't understand da reason why we got all dis garbage pollutin da airways when we got MC's like J-HOOD, MAINO, JOELL ORTIZ, & SAIGON bein left on da shelf.

NYC: Your flow sounds alot like Big Puns....Has anybody ever told you that?
TAC: Yeah, people have told me dat. But I think it's mostly cus I sort of resemble him, even tho there have been times my flow did sound like Puns. But da person people mostly say I sound like is Lloyd banks. I take it as a comliment tho .. dat nigga's nasty, his metaphors are sick.

NYC: Have you done any colabos and if so with who?
TAC: Da only collab dat I did was wit Dj J-LOVE on a song called " Fire burnz ".. 4 his album : " UNSTOPPABLE ".. You can catch me spittin a murderous 16 on da last verse.



NYC: Now to get off topic, how have the ladies been treating you?
TAC: Well it's not like I just signed a million dollar contract .. lol. I got a girl. But b4 my girl I was gettin more head dan a hat .. lol.

NYC: If you had your chance to smash anyone in the industry who would it be?
TAC: Meagan Good, Halle berry, & Jenifer Love Hewitt.

NYC: If you had your chance to battle any MC in the game, who would it be?
TAC: I don't kno about a battle, I aint been on it like dat in a while. Da last good battle I had was in 2002, & I won. But if I had my choice I'd like 2 be able 2 do a song w/ Eminem, Kool-G-RAP, Jada kiss, & maybe just a few more.

NYC: What's next for Big Tac? (Songs or projects)
TAC: Nothin special, unless a major label wants 2 work w/ me, sign me, & give a fat advancement .. lol.

NYC: If people wanted to contact you or reach out to you where would they go?
TAC: 4 collabs, or if u just wanna hear some fire, y'all can hit me at WWW. MYSPACE. COM/SELFMADEGYN or my e-mail : PORICAN@GMAIL.COM .. holla atcha boy, 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES