Friday, October 2, 2009

Poet's Corner Every Friday: "She Brings Out Beauty" by A. Jarrell Hayes





She is the model of black beauty:
Lips, full and juicy,
A bronze casing over her body,
Eyes sparkling like jewels of the Nile,
The world brightened and warmed whenever she smiles.
Her ethereal form floats above me
And clings to me
By way of her soul's beauty.
So time and space can never dim
The loveliness of this lady; within
Her lies a gem as precious and bright
As what one views with his sight.
I gaze upon her, I am purified,
And the beauty within myself
Is no longer vilified.

By A. Jarrell Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES