Monday, November 23, 2009

Kelis Leaked New Song!

Stop what you're doing! Kelis just leaked her new, David Guetta produced, electro-club-banger "Acapella" on Twitter (@IAmKelis).

She's back with a new sound, a new look, and even a new label. Check out the song and a personal message to her fans below.


"Acapella" (Produced by David Guetta)
www.IAmKelis.com



Kelis also posted a special message to her fans on her new website


"Well, walking through the streets of NY this summer...I use the term walking loosely...I was extremely pregnant and probably doing more of a very slow creep down each humid sticky block...people had so much to say to me. You know us New Yorkers don't ever keep anything to ourselves...I was asked if I would ever put another album out. I suppose people assumed after the baby and divorce and all the time I took off (went to culinary school during my break which was amazing and another conversation) that it would be on to motherhood for me. And well that's true...as I lay here with my perfect little won ton now writing you all this message. My answer was always the same. "Soon come guys" ;) and so here we are. My album is pretty much done. I signed a new deal and I'm madly in love with life and ready to share something with you. My song is called "Acapella" and I wrote it with love and life in mind. I hope that it finds you well and that you love it, cause honestly I do! Muah!"

-Kelis

"P.S. to all the people who have stuck around and supported me all these years do know that I sincerely feel you and love you! We did this all together"



Harlem-bred vocalist Kelis left her parents' home at 16, but continued her education at the famed Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. 2 years later with the support of producers The Neptunes, she landed herself a recording deal.

In mid-1999, Kelis was singing alongside rap troublemaker Ol’ Dirty Bastard on his cut "Got Your Money," and her signature Technicolor-spiraled afro & colorful style sparked critics' interests. Kelis captured feminist desires on her debut album Kaleidoscope, released in December 1999.

Two years later she released Wanderland exclusively in Europe, Asia and Latin America. 2003's Tasty followed and yielded the Top Ten Neptunes produced hit "Milkshake." In 2006, her fourth album, Kelis Was Here, was released and led by the duly assertive "Bossy." Kelis has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry – having recorded with
willl.i.am, Bjork, Outkast, Raphael Sadaaq, Moby, Enrique Iglesias and Basement Jaxx to name a few.

Kelis has been busy working on her next album with producers such as David Guetta, Burnz, DJ Ammo, Boys Noize, Diplo/Switch & Free School to name a few. The yet to be titled album is slated for release in 2010 on will.i.am/Interscope Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES