Friday, April 23, 2010

Poet's Corner: "Political Ball"

I stopped drinking tea
Because all I see
Is a bunch of racist fools
Throwing slurs and threats,
Shouting death
To the black president.
But all that's cool when
White mouths sin;
But don't let black men
Echo the voice of Malcolm:
We have the right to defend
Ourselves, by any means
Necessary. That includes
Financial means,
Because money makes the
World spin,
Like a top, and it won't stop
Just because a homeless man
Can't eat, or a single mother
Thinks she gots to flip tricks
In order to pay the rent
And grocery bill.
I demand my taxes be spent
On programs in my community,
And I don't mean the penitentiary.
I don't want a fat cat
Sitting on City Hall
Or Capitol Hill using my
Hard earning money to ball.
Wearing the best clothes,
Driving the fastest cars,
While their constituents
Suffer living a life too hard.

By A. Jarrell Hayes

Poets: Submit your poems to Poet's Corner by sending it in an e-mail to ajhayes@theblackurbantimes.com, subject headline: "Poet's Corner."

Media Outlets must credit The Black Urban Times www.theblackurbantimes.com twitter.com/thebutmsdotcom facebook.com/theblackurbantimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES