Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day From The Black Urban TImes Staff


Some of you have lost your children in one way or another. It makes you a Mother nonetheless. Ask God to bless you with the wisdom and strength to forge ahead during tough times.

If you have made mistakes, ask him for his blessings to help you learn from your mistakes.
Parenthood comes with no manual, but God shall see us all through.

Some of you may not see your children everyday, but they are with you in spirit. There is no one in the world who can ever take your place. Your children are the blueprints to your soul. Ask God for guidance and healing and he'll show you the way.



New mothers know that it won't always be easy, but it gets better. You are about to or are now a new member of a global sisterhood called Motherhood. Reach out and help those in need.

Mother's - Motherhood needs to be a sisterhood. Each one, teach one.
Our children are depending upon it. Let's take it back to the 50s, 60s and 70s when a village actually helped raise your child.

In search for my mothers garden...I found my own.


Happy Mother's Day, Abuela (Evarista Cruz), Aunt Dometra and Mami!
I love, adore, thank and miss you
more than these words can every describe.

XOXO,
Alicia

Here's a song for you, Abuela and Aunt Dometra...



You're a friend on whom I can depend,
You make me feel I'm never alone.
You have a very special way of cheering up a day,
And look upon my problems as your own..

You share my every dream and add to my esteem.
You help me and do favors, big and small.
You care with all your heart you've loved me from the start
Mother, you're my dearest friend of all.

Now that it's Mother's Day
I really have to say
Thank you Mami for all you do
In your quiet efficient way

I don't know how I'd cope
Without you by my side
I know that life would be
A very bumpy ride

As the seasons come and go
And Mothering Sunday arrives
It takes this occasion
To make me realise

I do not take the time to say
I appreciate all you do
So a very Happy Mother's Day, Mami
And lots of love to you

As a child you walked before me,
To lead by example.
As a teenager you walked behind me
Looking out for my back and being there when I needed you.

As an adult you walk beside me
So that, as two friends, we can enjoy life together..

Happy Mothers' Day, Mami!

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above.

You were there when we took our first steps,
And went unsteadily across the floor.
You pushed and prodded: encouraged and guided,
Until our steps took us out the door...

You worry now "Are they ok?"
Is there more you could have done?
As we walk the paths of our unknown
You wonder"Where have my children gone?"

Where we are is where you have led us,
With your special love you showed us a way,
To believe in ourselves and the decisions we make.
Taking on the challenge of life day-to-day.

And where we go you can be sure,
In spirit you shall never be alone.
For where you are is what matters most to us,
Because to us that will always be home...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES