Friday, August 20, 2010

Poet's Corner: "God Cried for Me"

When I replay the images of my first love in the back of my mind.
One young lady becomes prominent.
I was eight.
She was nine.
I use to pick flowers for her,
All the little boys would,
But she would keep mine.
And I knew that this girl was special.
So I told my mother that I wanted to marry her.
She said," Son, you're still young, take your time."
But why waste it?
Is what I would ask.
Everyday I wanted to reveal my love to her,
Before,
During,
And/Or after class.
But everyday that I tried to speak what I wanted to say.
The words of my heart I could not find.
Her glow, instantly, would make me blind.
She would smile and it would just continue to shine.
My everything.
The apple of my eye.
But today, it was going to be different.
There was a new blue in the sky.
I had thirty-five cents in my pocket.
She could have the quarter.
I would keep the dime.
I would grow to be a man that day,
And tell her the bottom line.
But she didn't show then or the next.
It felt like I was waiting for God to show me a sign.
I went to her house,
Only to find.
Her mother in tears.
The neighbors saying her father was being locked up for committing a murder,
Which was only over-shadowed by a sex-crime.
Mrs. Jacobs were is your daughter?
She gave no replies.
Only pain was felt,
And the world seeing this little boy beginning to cry.
I realize now, she was an angel wanting to spread her wings and fly.
But I wonder if she looks down occasionally and realizes shes the reason to my rhymes.


By Robert "Bforibus" Clark


Bio: Born and raised on the streets of Baltimore City, Robert Clark, a.k.a. Bforibus, grew up as many of Baltimore's youth in a broken home. By the age of 7, he realized fantasy was much more exciting and compelling than real life could every be. So at that age he began to write short stories and small poems for his mother. Verbal Enslavement: The Seduction of Idle Thoughts (published April, 2010) is Robert Clark's first book of hopefully many more. For more from the poet, visit http://www.originalpoetry.com/poet/bforibus and his Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/localskill/videos

Are you a poet or spoken word artist? Share your talents with the wider urban world on Poet's Corner! Submit 1 - 3 poems, with short bio and 1 - 2 link(s) to A. Jarrell Hayes at ajhayes@theblackurbantimes.com. Put "Poet's Corner" in the subject line.

twitter.com/thebutmsdotcom facebook.com/theblackurbantimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES