Thursday, September 29, 2011

BLACKURBANBOOKS.NET SIGNS TEEN WRITING SENSATION..BRONCHEY BATTLE!!!





How are you Bronchey?
I'm doing pretty good. And yourself?


When did you start writing?
I first started writing when I was about thirteen to give myself a release of emotions. Writing has also been a solace for me when I was having trouble.


Your first novel for blackurbanbooks.net is called, Billionaire Boyz, give us a quick synopsis.

"Chasing women and money is all Semaj ever knew. From sleeping with rich white women to millionaires of Fortune Five Hundred Companies. He feels like life couldnt be any better until he's put in a serious predicament and has to find a trick for a quick come up. His yunger brother Zioni has it all. Money, respect, and all the women he could ever want.When Zioni falls for the woman Semaj feels could potentially be the woman her'd give up the game for, he begans plotting against his brother on his ultimate quest to get her.
Semaj resorts to desperate measures to steal Saniya away from Zioni. When Saniya doesnt sleep with him he begans blackmailing her to get her to himself. When the truth comes out, an unexpected twist will have everyone on the edge of their seats.
There's a reason why both Semaj's parents are six feet under and Zioni's father is in prison.


How did you get signed?
I got signed by submitting the manuscript of "Billionaire Boyz" to BlackUrbanBooks.net I've read a bunch of their books and went online to see if they were accepting submissions and that's how it all came about.
You're only in high school. How does it feel to have a published book coming out?
Having a book coming out while still in High School is a huge accomplishment for me. Reading has been a part of my life forever, so to give others an insight into the creative, grimy streets of the Bay Area is a great feeling.

Where do you pull you inspiration in writing from?
I pull my inspiration from tons of places. From 110 Bay Road where I grew up in Bay Point CA. To the streets of Oakland, Richmond, And San Francisco. My main inspirations would have to be from my mother Tara Lipscomb who I love dearly, and my Aunt Timea Trumbo who introduced me to Street Literature.


How did you come up with Billionaire Boyz?
I came up with the concept of Billionaire Boyz kind of unexpectedly. I was in summer school when the thought of losing friends, and family over treachery inspired me to pen the story.

What are your short term goals as a writer?

My short term goals for writing are to give readers everyone an insight into the Bay Area, uncut.

Who does your writing style loosely resemble?
My writing style may resemble a little Deja King, mixed with maybe Ashley & JaQuavis. Who I'm huge fans of!

Who are your favorite authors?

My favorite authors would have to be Brandie, who wrote my favorite book of all time: Dont Hate the Player, Hate The Game. Deja King, and again, Ashley & JaQuavis.

What music do you like?
I listen to hip hop. FRom YG, out of LA. My cousins, NEWSTAR, up-and-coming artist. Wale, J-Cole, Curren$y.


Do you have any other books on deck?

My novel Thicker than Water, featuring the characters Mercedes and Lexus from Billionaire Boyz is my second novel. And my third novel, Fully Paid, will also be coming out. I'm in the process of penning my fourth novel, no name yet.

Hopefully on blackurbanbooks.net!

Would you say this is street lit or urban fiction?
My book would be considered kid of a mix of Urban Literature and Street Literature. It deals with both aspects so I can't give it one certain genre.


Any shout outs?
I would like to give shout outs to Jehova, my God! Without him none of this would be possible. My mother Tara Lipscomb who is always on me about keeping my head in the books and off the ladies. My aunt Timea  Trumbo, without you I wouldnt know anything about Urban Literature. Deja King, and Ashley & JaQuavis for inspiring me to also want to write. My sister Desiree Burks who I fight with constantly but would go to the end of the Earth for. Miss Kanika Jenkins who acted as my editor and lawyer throughout the entire process of my contract and my writings. To my grandmother Sondra Fobbs who always told me to go for what I believe and backing me 110%. And to everyone who gives me a chance at becoming an author.tly, but not lease, to BlackUrbanBook for giving me the opporunity to get my stories out into the world.



Thanks Bronchey!
THEBLACKURBANTIMES.COM STAFF









No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES