Thursday, August 9, 2012

AUTHOR, AL SAADIQ BANKS, IS BUILDING A PUBLISHING EMPIRE WITH URBAN NOVELS AND COMIC BOOKS

AUTHOR: AL SAADIQ BANKS AT A BOOKSTORE


by geek swagg

TBUT: How long have you been writing?
I started writing a little over ten years ago. 

TBUT:What made you interested in writing?
Actually I’ve never been interested in writing or even being a writer.  Throughout my adventurous life I always said to myself that one day once it was all over I would write a book about my life and all of the things that I’ve been through.  One day I decided to put the pen to the pad to actually see if I could do it.  I never thought of publishing it until my loved ones read the book and built my confidence up enough for me to actually try my hand in the publishing game. 


TBUT:Do you have any books published?
Yes, to date I have published 8 fiction novels under my own True 2 Life umbrella as well as the first issue of my comic book series. 

TBUT:What kind of stuff do you tend to write about?
I write tales about street life.  I’m sure that I can write of other genres but I feel after spending over half of my life on the streets “researching” LOL I may as well use my findings and street knowledge to my advantage. 
the many al saadiq banks classics

TBUT: Can you tell us about your latest book?
My latest book “Money, Power and Disrespect which is soon to be released is a book is about a kid who comes up with goals and aspirations of being SOMEBODY.  A clean cut dude who once he steps onto those streets is eaten alive by the vultures “Fast women.”  Every hustler desires to have the beautiful eye candy on his arm because it enhances his image.  Having her as a counterpart can make him but it can break him as well. 

TBUT:Where did the idea from the book come from? Is it based on a true story or real people?
This story is probably the closest depiction of my own life.  It’s based on characters that I’ve encountered during the early years of my introduction to those wicked streets.

TBUT:What inspires your writing?
My writing is inspired by all that I’ve seen with my own eyes.  Off of my experiences alone I can probably write heart wrenched stories for the rest of my life. 

TBUT: Is there any kind of ritual you must follow to get you in the writing mood? 
I pretty much can write anywhere in any situation under almost any circumstance.  I’ve found that under my most uncomfortable conditions and circumstances I have produced some of my best work. 

TBUT:As a writer do you have plans to branch out into any other styles of writing , song writing, scriptwriting?
Right now as much as I love writing fiction my career seems to be going in a different direction.  I’ve completed almost 30 issues of comic books based on my novels and have become extremely passionate about that.  Writing the storyboard for the comics put me in the practice of scriptwriting and since I have written two scripts already.  One of those scripts I plan to shoot independently within the next month or two. 

TBUT:Where else can we see your writing?
My books are sold in most bookstores as well as amazon.com and of course my website www.true2lifeproductions.com 

TBUT:What’s next for you?
As I’ve said comics, graphic novels and film is the direction in which I’m headed but I promise to drop at least 1 book a year for my loyal True 2 Life supporters. 
@alsaadiq 













  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES