Saturday, September 22, 2012

Three Victims of Aurora Movie Theater Suing


In July,the Aurora, Colo., movie theather massacre that left 12 dead and 58 wounded is one of the worst events I seen happen in my home state since the Columbine School shootings. Well now three of the injured victims are suing the movie theather for not taking enough safety measures.

Two lawsuits that have been filed in federal court allege that Cinemark USA, the owner of the Century 16 Theater in Aurora, could have had more security equipment and security personnel to prevent the gunman from entering the theater through a rear exit door and committing the mass shooting.

The complaints were filed on behalf of Brandon Axelrod, Joshua Nowlan and Denise Traynom. All three were injured in the July 20 shooting, which occurred at the midnight premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises." James Holmes has been charged in the case.

I think they have every right to be suing that movie theater. Anyone that has been to that movie theater knows it is very easy to sneak in and out of. That night they should have extra security just like what they do for all the midnight premieres at this movie theater.

Also it is being reported the movie theater will re-open in the beginning of 2013. I will tell you one thing when I go back home to visit I don't really think I will be going to that movie theater. Not because I am scared, but it just to weird to even go there. Just knowing what happen there and I personally have been to that theater hundreds of times. No no no I am so good.  Well untill next time people.....PEACE!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES