Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Obama President Means No Excuses



80 years ago one of the greatest visionaries of our times was born. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. lived a life for a dream of freedom and equality. Today, I sit with tears streaming down my cheeks as I experience the proudest day of my life. Today I am proud to be an American and even more Black. President Barack Obama is a representation of a dream fulfilled. This is a man that had overcome every deemed obstacle to become the most powerful man in the history of our nation. Today, as I sit with tears streaming down my cheeks, I ask, what is your excuse for not living your dream? We have overcome the barriers of what it means to be Black, so being Black can no longer be an excuse? We have overcome the barriers of not having enough education or experience, so lack of preparation can no longer be an excuse. We have overcome the barriers of being bred from a single parent household, so what is your excuse? What is the excuse today why you do not make the choice to be whatever you could imagine today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES