Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boricua Ballin' with Nathan Peavy

Hi my name is Nathan Peavy.  I started playing basketball very young, learning mainly from my father (Terry Peavy), who was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers. I think growing up watching him play, made  me want to pursue basketball and be the best I can be. My mother (Nila De Jesus) who is from Carolina, Puerto Rico, also played a big part in my participation in athletics. She swam for the Puerto Rican National Team and introduced me to swimming at an early age.

Growing up, I would always go to the island during the summer and see my grandparents and family. While visiting I would always catch BSN and National Team games on television. When the opportunity to represent Bayamon and the Puerto Rican National Team arose, it was very special.

I am currently playing in my fourth season in Germany. At the start of my season here, I was stricken with meningitis. I was able to overcome...MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES