Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Act Like a Woman, Think like a Woman.




ENOUGH ALREADY!

At some point people are going to realize what their roles are in life. We all have our place in society and it is that way for a reason. When we get outside of that role, we can expect with it, the imbalance that applies. For example, as a human being, I have no business acting like a dog. That is for the dog to do. I need to be behaving as a human does. I need to be working, taking care of my family, living my life.


So when people put out the dumb idea that I need to behave like a woman and think like a man, I think it is time to speak up and say no. I am going to act like what I am, and think like what I am. As a woman, for me to think like a man is saying that I distrust my ability as a woman to be just what I am suppose to be, the best woman I can be. If for a minute people think that it is wise to expect someone to think like someone else when it comes to the affairs of the heart, we are pretty much asking them to become psychic, which for a large percentage of us is not our gift in life.




Steve Harvey recently published a book and the movie  "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" which by just the title, is saying that women are doing the wrong things when understanding how men men really are, and that we need to accommodate that in order to fit in with them. So to balance the scales, we have to think as men think, so we can be prepared for the way men act. It adds to society another ideal that is not beneficial to women, just a moneymaker for Steve Harvey. Personally this is the main reason why relationships are about as reliable as well, nothing.


The main reason why we are so disjointed from each other in the first place is because we are not doing what we are supposed to be doing as ourselves. We are too busy trying to be one up on each other, as opposed to be prepared to being just ourselves. Steve Harvey is pretty much just using the insecurities that women have when it comes to relationships and men, and spinning it to entertain us rather than teaching us how to deal with ourselves. It is the old "Keep them laughing to stop them from what is making them cry" ploy. At some point we have to stop adding unnecessary subject matter that is not helping, and in some cases harming more than anything. The last thing I need as a woman is for a man to tell me how to think.




I can not be mad at Steve making money legally, but I still feel it is at the expense of mis-educating the public. At some point, when do you put out the movie "Act like a Man, Because you are one?" Too many men walking around here acting like children, acting like women, and in some cases, acting like bitches. As a man Steve may can help men be more responsible, more in touch with being mature, and present in the lives of women where they don't have to struggle to figure them out. If anything Steve Harvey needs to write a book drawing from his own mistakes with wives and women and write from THAT point of view rather than trying to school the ladies. That is what needs to be done. But Steve Harvey, just like everyone else knows, men are NOT going to pay to see that. So we know why this movie was made... MONEY. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES