Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend Weigh In: Still Juicin'

I'm still on my 10 day juice fast (which ends this Saturday) and I am thoroughly enjoying it. No annoying headaches, more energy and just feeling pretty good in general. For breakfast, I juice 2 apples, 2 oranges, a carrot and some ginger and this yields about 2 cups for me which is just enough. For lunch or dinner I'll have some kale, spinach, celery (yuck!), cucumber and apple. I hate celery for many reasons, most of all the horrid smell but it's good for you and it's a cheap veggie so I include it in my juices. As I said before, I juice by sight, so I can't tell you exactly how much spinach and kale to use (since neither yields much juice) but I can tell you that whenever I'm falling short of my 2 cup requirement I add an extra apple of half a cucumber. Both of these make good amounts of juice and they'll help you get to 2 cups. They are also inexpensive and are great for juicing on a budget. Now, contrary to what you may be thinking, these juices actually are quite filling. I always drink a full 8 oz. cup of water right after each juice and it always leaves me full. By the time I'm hungry again, it's time for my next juice (or meal). I've been alternating between juicing my lunch and my dinner just because of time constraints and my work schedule but for the most part, I'm juicing 2 meals a day. My one, non-juice meal for the day is always a meat/fish and vegetables. No bread, rice or pasta. If I feel like a snack, I'll have a piece of fruit. Really trying to steer clear of the bad carbs and sweets that I love so much. Keep me in prayer y'all!



As for my exercise routine for last week, I met my workout goal with 5 workouts for a total of 240 minutes and 2151 calories burned. I mixed it up a little between the elliptical and some great Zumba and aerobic workout videos I've found on YouTube (I love technology).

I didn't weigh in this weekend because I want to wait until I complete my juicing fast this Saturday. So, I'll weigh in on Sunday and report back to you. I won't lie though, I really want to sneak on the scale and just see where I'm at so far, but as hard as it is for me (I'm use to weighing myself daily) I'm going to hold out until the weekend.  My stomach is noticeably less bloated so I really do believe that I've lost some weight and inches (kicking myself for not taking my measurements) but we'll just have to wait and see...

Anybody else juicing with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES