Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekend Weigh In (Week 5) - Picture Update!

Saturday was supposed to end my 10 day juice fast/cleanse but unfortunately due to medical reasons that didn't workout. I had to go on antibiotics for a sinus infection and my doctor advised me against the cleanse while on meds because it would be too harsh on my stomach. Instead, I juiced breakfast (I tend to be a little hard headed) and ate full lunches and dinners minus the rice, bread and pastas. However, I was able to get in a full 6 days before I had to end it and I lost 3 pounds. Now, I expected to lose a bit more but I am down a full dress size since I started this journey last month so I won't complain.

The picture above on the left is from 4/5/13 and the one on the right is from this weekend at the gym, 5/11/13. Not too shabby for a month's work, huh? Sidebar: For all of my concerned readers, I promise you I have more workout gear than this grey T-shirt, it's just a coincidence that I had this on when I took the pic. I will be sure NOT to wear this for my next picture update. Lol! #youcare 
Anyway, I'm still working out at least 4 times a week for an hour but now I'm breaking it up between 45 minutes of cardio and 15 of strength training. This way I'm not completely losing focus of the toning aspect by applying all my time and energy on cardio. I do think that I'm building muscle, which would explain why I didn't lose more weight during my fast, and my tummy is noticeably smaller.  so I'm definitely on the right track.

So, that's my weekend weigh in. Just stick with it and you will see results. There's no secret method and no magic pill (unfortunately). Just simply eat right and exercise. How'd you do this weekend? Weigh in below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES