Sunday, June 2, 2013

5 Minutes, 5 Questions With… V. Brown, author of I Am Her, The Mistress


Click here for more information about "I Am Her, The Mistress"

About "I Am Here, The Mistress":

“I Am Her, The Mistress” is about a chick named Tyquasia “Ty” Roberts who is a good girl turned mistress. She was born and raised in Miami, Florida. Ty finds out some secrets about her boyfriend Benzino when he gets locked up. She packs her stuff along with a large sum of his money and heads to Atlanta to start a new life

Joey Pinkney: Where did you get the inspiration to write “I Am Her, The Mistress”?

V. Brown: I initially got the inspiration to write “I Am Her, The Mistress” from an experience that I had a couple years ago. Although the person I had this experience with wasn’t married, they had been with their significant other for quite sometime. This individual was also a club promoter/party host.


JP: What sets “I Am Her, The Mistress” apart from other books in the same genre? 

VB: What sets “I Am Her, The Mistress” apart from other books in the urban fiction genre is that I thought outside of the box; the way that I told the story is different. I didn’t just stick to the norm. I did my own thing. I have officially dubbed “I Am Her, The Mistress” an urban fiction Classic. From what I hear, the readers agree. (read more) 

JP: As an author, what are the keys to your success that led to “I Am Her, The Mistress” getting out to the public?

VB: As an author, I push to go above and beyond what anyone else is doing. Whether it’s tweeting a different kind of way, making a eye popping poster that includes the cover of my book with a little about the book, having customized marketing tools such as pens, keychains etc. or if it’s just getting out into the streets face-to-face with readers. I do it all. (read more)

JP: As an author, what is your writing process? How long did it take you to start and finish “I Am Her, The Mistress”?

VB: My writing process is really weird. I can’t just type a book and that be it. Starting with a blank computer screen doesn’t get my creative juices flowing. I have to feel the pen and paper in my hand. I do it the old-fashioned way and then type the story up which makes my writing process longer. It took me about 3 to 4 months to write “I Am Her, The Mistress”. (read more) 

JP: What’s next for V. Brown?

VB: I’m working on a lot of projects. One of the biggest projects is a Coast-to-Coast book tour that will last for the month of July called the Back To Basics Book Tour. It will be me and another G Street Chronicles author Blaque. (read more) 

Joey Pinkney
Book Review Editor
Staff Writer

1 comment:

  1. This is a great interview and I can not wait to read your book, I see you are doing a book tour and being here in Atlanta, I hope we are the first to have a chance to see you and since you being published by G Chronicles, I know George gonna let us Atlanta Southside people see you first...lol

    ReplyDelete

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES