Saturday, June 1, 2013

Interview: Polo The Fur King - Fashion Designer Extraordinaire

Written by Joey Pinkney
Book Review Editor
Staff Writer

 Polo The Fur King - Fashion Designer Extraordinaire

Polo The Fur King is a dominant trendsetter. He has single-handedly built three companies from the ground up. Polo is the CEO/Founder of Exclusive Fashion and Furs and Dessalines Clothing, and most recent, Land Monster Clothing.
 
Joey Pinkney: You're not new to the ins and outs of the fashion industry. How do you continue to remain relevant in an industry that changes by the minute?

Polo The Fur King: You have to stay ahead of your time and ahead of the game. I'm always thinking on how to come up with new and improved stuff. When it comes to my fashion, other people are getting into trouble wondering what I'm doing. I'm doing the right thing and getting right for the next move.

 
JP: How has websites like MySpace in the past and currently Facebook and Twitter changed the way that you expose the masses to your different pieces.

Polo: It's a beautiful thing. I always say that MySpace is my home and Twitter is my condo because Myspace came out first. I've made more money, believe it or not, from Myspace than from Twitter and Facebook together. But all three has been very good to me, so I can't complain.
JP: Tell us more about some of the more popular pieces that you have recently created.

Polo: I've recently designed a snake-skin sweater. I redesigned some S. Carter sneakers and put the Gucci "Gs" on them. I have so much in the works its not even funny.


JP: You've recently ventured into publishing with your magazine "Bosses that Meet Bosses Magazine". You're two issues deep. What sparked your interest to go in that direction?

Polo: I felt it was only right to go this route. A lot of people have been asking me if I was ever going to do one. I had to make sure that if I did, the reason would have to be right.

I always told myself that one day, when I become successful and in power, that I would help people that might not be able to get into the major magazines. That's exactly what I'm doing with the help of my staff David G Duke, G Denisce, AMoney, and Danaya.

It was only right because a magazine and fashion goes hand-in-hand, so it made plenty of sense.

JP: If you had to sum your life's experience into one word, what would it be? Explain how that word became your choice.

Polo: Grateful. My mother always told me to be grateful for the small things in life. And here I am! Joey, you have given me another chance to be a part of what you are doing.

I would have to be grateful. Without my supporters and fans, there is no me. Period.

facebook.com/thefurking

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES