Thursday, September 20, 2012

#AskEmily 9.20.12 "No Ring"

Hey Emily.
  My man and I have been w/each other for 5 years..no ring yet but he's faithful and has a good job. My single friends tell me I should demand a ring or tell him get lost. Your thoughts?

Shaneeka

Shaneeka,

     Let's get straight to the point--what do you think YOU should do? 

I don't know your friends but I'll let you sit back and think about it. SINGLE women telling a woman who is in a LONG TERM relationship with a man who is FAITHFUL telling you that basically everything he has invested isn't enough. As women, we know how difficult it is to have a good man in our lives and how much work it is to keep him happy. The main focus should be on making him happy. If he has given you 5 years, then he is already committed to you--ring or not. If you have a house key, a debit card, a car key or you have met his family HE IS COMMITTED. A ring is something materialistic. There are women walking around here flossing a ring that can't say they have been in a relationship with a man who has been faithful for five years...but they are happy to be wearing ring because it is a sense of entitlement. That ring won't make the relationship better but it can definitely make it worse if you allow single women to make suggestions. 

    A man's ego is everything. His pride is all he has. Honestly speaking--if your man pays the bills, lays it down in the bed room, takes care of your every want and need AND is faithful to you after all this time...if you go to him and say "I'm leaving you if you don't put a ring on my finger"...AFTER EVERYTHING HE DOES ALREADY...how offended do you think your man would be? He will drop you before you have a chance to tell him to get lost. Why? Because you now seem ungrateful for having what every woman wants and not being satisfied.


It is about the commitment. Be happy and tell your friends to follow in your footsteps. I'd rather have a loving man hooked on my arm than have a ring on my finger any day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES