Friday, November 7, 2008

Get To Know "Roccett"



Roccett gave HipHopGossipSite.com an exclusive interview. So sit back and get to know "Roccett".

NYC: Roccett, can you please let the readers know who you are and what you do?
ROC: I am Roccett, a hip hop artist. A real dude from Carson, CA, representing that West Coast and out here making good music.

NYC: What can we expect from Roccett on your new album?
ROC: 100% real music. Music from my heart, my emotions, what I have experienced and what I go through. That realness. I'm gonna try to make a front to back classic.

NYC: What do you bring to the hip hop industry that's different from what we've been hearing?
ROC: I am no gimmick. I am no made up rapper, no popular fad. No certain type of music dictates Roccett and that seperates me from most of these rappers. I didn't just start doing whatever I do in the last few months.

NYC: How did you hook up with Young Jeezy and his USDA crew?
ROC: I have known Jeezy for a while through mutual friends in the streets. Before he even knew I rapped. We would always bump into each other out of town and one time he was in LA, he heard me rap and signed me on the spot. They recently made me an official member of the group and we are working on the new USDA album as we speak and it should be coming out Jan/Feb of 09. So check for that.....

NYC: How does it feel to know that the biggest names in hip hop are taking notice of you?
ROC: It feels good! It let's me know all my grindin and studio time pays off. I am really an artist and I take pride in my music. Anytime someone I respect compliments or asks to do a song or work on music together, that's a blessing. I pride myself in trying to always make good music, real music, that my fans will appreciate and enjoy.

NYC: What's the release date for your album?
ROC: I am looking at mid 09 for my solo album. Like I said earlier we should be dropping the USDA album Jan or Feb, so my album should come right after that. Maybe Summer 09.

NYC: Is there anybody in particular that you want to work with in the industry?
ROC: Anyone that has longevity in the game. Anyone that's been successful for a long period of time, I respect and would be honored to work with. But specifically, I want to work with Dr. Dre. So Dre if u read this, hear this, see this, holla at your boy! And if anyone is in Dre's ears let him know for me. Roccett and Dre need to bang out some incredible music!!!....Jay Z, Mary J Blige, let's get it in!

NYC: I know you model for Makaveli branded. What made you want to get into the modelling world?
ROC: No I don't model. I just wear the clothes. Lol. My manager Rick Edwards got me involved in fashion. Being a part of Makaveli Branded and anything that has to do with Tupac Shakur is an honor and a blessing. Rick has me involved with multiple clothing lines and its a great outlet and opportunity to expand and open up new doors.

NYC: Has anyone ever told you that you sound similar to Lloyd Banks?
ROC: No. I never got that.

NYC: How have the ladies been treating you?
ROC: The ladies have been treating me well my entire life, before rap or national popularity.

NYC: If you had your chance to battle anybody in this industry who would you choose?
ROC: I am not into the battling. I am from LA and people get killed over a battle where I am from. So I don't do all that battling.....

NYC: What do you think about the state of hip hop?
ROC: It still provides opportunity so that's a positive. I think we need more real artists that will put together real quality music. That will help Hip Hop out a lot.

NYC: What do you consider to be real hip hop?
ROC: Music that's authentic, based off emotions, and true to the person creating it. Not music made because everyone else is making a certain type of song or sound so u want to fit in.

NYC: What else is Roccett looking to get into? (Such as acting, etc.)
ROC: I have been reading scripts already and my manager keeps me involved in various projects. But honestly, my focus is to master this music and then i'll worry about other ventures and obstacles as they come.

NYC: If people wanted to reach out to you, where would they go to do that?
ROC: They can go to my MySpace page at www.myspace.com/roccett.
Producers we are looking for beats so you can reach out to us at roccett@gmail.com. I'm also looking for team members/interns across the globe at the same email address.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! He is handsome! This was an interesting interview!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES