Friday, January 30, 2009

The Lovely Phylicia Rashad is Back

Flashback Friday with Actress Phylicia Rashad
She's still as beautiful as she was
when she graced our television sets during the 80's on the Cosby Show.
Now she's a representative for Jenny Craig. Essence magazine has a one-on-one interview with Ms. Rashad.

Actress Phylicia Rashad has been keeping a secret. For the last seven weeks, she's been on the Jenny Craig weight loss program and in that amount of time, she has changed the way she eats and lost 16 pounds. While she has yet to reach her goal, she has decided to go public with her story as the new spokeswoman for Jenny Craig.
She can be seen in commercials and print ads showing off a healthier, leaner body, but for Rashad it's not about the outside but the inside that made her want to change. ESSENCE.com caught up with the incomparable stage and small screen veteran to find out how she has lost weight on the Jenny Craig program, her thoughts on the Obamas, and what she thinks about "The Cosby Show," 25 years after the cast's first episode.
INTERVIEW
ESSENCE.COM: What made you decide to do the Jenny Craig program?PHYLICIA RASHAD: I decided to do the program for health reasons. I met with Jenny Craig representatives last October and was struck by their interest in talking to me about my thoughts on health and life, and they weren't trying to sell me a product. A few days later, I walked up three flights of stairs. When I got to the top, I wasn't breathing well. To me, this was a sign that things were not good. People who know me think, You don't need to do this. But, yeah, actually I do.
Read the rest of her interview here



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES