Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beyonce Tells All



My girl Beyonce lets it all out in the November issue of Essence Magazine. You know I never really was into magazines but my Grandmother subscribed me to Essence and I must say I am not disappointed! I really like this magazine and would recommend it to friends. But back to the gossip at hand, Beyonce finally speaks on marrying her hubby Jay Z and not having a traditional wedding. Sounds like my kind of girl! I hate doing the norm. So check out a few excerpts of that interview below:

On getting married:
"We've been together a long time. We always knew it would happen. What Jay and I have is real. It's not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It's real."

On not wanting an engagement ring:
"People put too much emphasis on that. It's just material, and it's just silly to me." (Editors note: Have you seen the ring she's been wearing?) Well, if you haven't.....it's pretty damn big but aside from the ring, Beyonce and Jay Z have matching tattoos on each of their ring fingers to symbolize their union as well.

On the small ceremony:
"[I'm not a] traditional woman. It's been my day so many days already."

On her legacy:
"I want to be acknowledged as a woman in a very talented group with great harmonies and great songs that made history and changed the culture of women, not only in America but all over the world. [A woman] who could sing a cappella and write her own songs and produce her own songs."

I can't wait to read the whole interview when it comes out. So make sure you guys go out and cop that. Enjoy the behind the scenes clip of Beyonce's photo shoot for Essence below:

1 comment:

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES