Monday, October 13, 2008

Let The Battle Begin!!!

A friend of mine was asking me if I heard the new Beyonce joint that's out called "Single Ladies"? Of course, I said yes! I mean who hasn't heard the girls song? Then the next question kind of caught me off guard......They asked me if the song reminded me of anything that I've ever heard before? The question itself was like being in school and being told there was a pop quiz about to take place so I had to put the song on and listen to it. We listened to the song together and although the song sounded a little like "Get Me Bodied" (another Beyonce song) I couldn't think of anything. So I finally asked my friend where they were going with their line of questioning and this is what they said: They told me to listen carefully to the hook of "Single Ladies". Check out "Single Ladies" below and listen to the hook carefully:



Now, didn't that Uh Oh hook sound familiar? Well, did it remind you of anybody? It sure reminded me of that old joint by Lumidee! Don't remember? Here's a throw back of what I'm talking about below:



I don't know about yall but in my book......someone took a hook and switched it up! I'm not judging, I'm just saying. You guys let me know if you agree. Hit me up on the email or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.

BLKUTIMES ARCHIVES