How long have you been writing?
I've always been writing ever since I was a kid. I remember mailing screenplays to Nickelodeon for Rugrats and Doug. I was a weird kid.
What made you interested in writing?
What made you interested in writing?
My parents taught me at a young age that writing is power. I’ve always loved books too. I loved getting lost in books and I wanted to create a world where readers could loose themselves. Do you have any books published?
My first novel, Job, and a spinoff of Job titled Hold Your Ground.
What kind of stuff do you tend to write about?
Anything and Everything. What I like to do in my books is take different elements of real life and mix it in with extreme and sensational narratives. For example, in Job a teenage gangster must make some tough choices when his brother is murdered and he and his girlfriend must avoid a set that will stop at nothing to kill them both.
Can you tell us about your latest book?
Can you tell us about your latest book?
Job is an eighteen year old kid. He and his brother live in a dangerous section of the Bronx so they get jumped into a gang as a means of protection. When his little brother is murdered Job wonders how safe the gang-life really is. As he and his set try to find the guy who killed his brother he meets Gloria, a Florida girl who is new to NY. Things get a little complicated for Job when he and his girlfriend (who soon finds out she is pregnant) become the new targets of a new gang that also happens to come from the south. He finds out that a lot of things that seem to be coincidences are not. Can’t tell you much more because I’ll spoil it.
Where did the idea from the book come from? Is it based on a true story or real people?
Where did the idea from the book come from? Is it based on a true story or real people?
The story is partially based off real events. I’ve been working with the idea for a few years. I wanted to tell a real and raw story about the streets as vividly and as truthfully as I could. When I was finished I had Job, a story that I think embodies current issues that we see everyday. He is that kid hanging on the corner with the bandana in his pocket and about fifty dollars worth of work in his sock.
What inspires your writing?
What inspires your writing?
Just life. I could be walking down the street and overhear a conversation and I’ll just finish their conversation in my head and make it gripping and create a story where the reader actually cares about the characters and what will happen to them.
Is there any kinda ritual you must follow to get you in the writing mood? Eg: I can only write at night and must have a glass of wine and music playing low in the background.
Is there any kinda ritual you must follow to get you in the writing mood? Eg: I can only write at night and must have a glass of wine and music playing low in the background.
I write anywhere at anytime. I’ve written hung-over, hungry, drunk, full. I write when I’m bored. Sometimes I write when I’m kind of depressed to take my mind off things.
As a writer do you have plans to branch out into any other styles of writing eg, song writing, scriptwriting?
As a writer do you have plans to branch out into any other styles of writing eg, song writing, scriptwriting?
Yeah. I write poetry. I’m actually working on a rap song dedicated to the Occupy Wall Street movement called “Occupy Ears.” And if the opportunity presents itself I’d love to write a script for a movie, play, or television show.
Where else can we see your writing?
Where else can we see your writing?
www.facebook.com/J.PizarroAuthor I put some short stories I’ve written on there in the notes section as well as some of my poems. Send me a friend request.
What's next for you?
What's next for you?
Hold Your Ground, a real gripping thriller that is the same caliber as Job should be available soon for download. The highly awaited sequel to Job, Exodus is in the proofing stage and should be ready by Spring 2012. Then I have the sequel to Hold Your Ground coming by Summer 2012. I stay very busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We appreciates all comments and fosters free speech, however, keep in mind that we have young readers who peruse our site. Having said that, please refrain from using profane language, and know that flaming will not be tolerated. Spam will not be tolerated.